Marriage Licenses

Marriage Licenses are currently issued by appointment only. 

Please call  970-728-3954 to make an appointment. 

Application & Fees

Marriage licenses are issued to couples whose ceremony will take place in Colorado. Blood tests are not required. There is no waiting period to use the license, but it must be used within 35 days of the date of issue and returned within 63 days after the ceremony.

License Application

Marriage Applications (PDF)
Note: This application is an example of what information and questions will be asked of you at the time of your application in person. You do not need to complete it in advance.

You may apply for the license at the Clerk & Recorder’s Office Monday - Friday, during the hours of 8:15 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. License Fee is $30, payable by cash or checks only. Certified copies are $3 each.

Application Requirements

Generally, both parties must be present to apply for a license and both must sign the application. The information requirements are:

  • Date and place of birth
  • Current address
  • Your Social Security Number (If you don’t have a Social Security Number, your passport will qualify)
  • You do not have to be a U.S. citizen to obtain a license.
  • Names and addresses of parents, living or deceased.
  • Mother’s maiden name.
  • Marital status: If divorced, the date and the court where the final decree was issued must be provided. If widowed, then the date you were widowed.


A marriage or union may be solemnized by:

Age & Parental Consent Requirements

  • For ages 18 and over: No parental consent is required.
  • For ages 16 and 17: Consent of both parents, or the parent/guardian with legal custody is required.
  • For ages under 16: Consent of parents or guardian and judicial approval are required.
  • Proof of age is required to obtain a license.

Obtaining a Certified Copy of Your License

Certified copies of your marriage license are available at the Clerk and Recorder’s Office at a cost of $3 each. Please send a written request including both names and date of the ceremony, along with ID, cash or check, and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Clerk / Recorder’s Office.

Statewide searches can be done at the Colorado Department of Public Health’s website (Vital Statistics).