The Planning Department is responsible for advising the Board of County Commissioners, the Planning Commission and the public on land use and development issues. The Planning staff oversees development applications and amendments to the county Land Use Code and county Master Plans.
East End Master Plan
For information on the East End Master Plan, visit this page.
Community Open House
March 21, Wilkinson Public Library
100 W Pacific Avenue
11am to 2pm and 4pm to 7pm
- Development Permit Application fillable (PDF)
- Land Use Application Fillable (PDF)
- Temporary Use Application Fillable (PDF)
- On-site Wastewater Treatment System (Septic) Application (PDF)
- Short-Term Rental Permit Application (PDF)
- Renewal Short-Term Rental Application (PDF)
- Medical Marijuana Local Licensing Application (PDF)
- Retail Marijuana Local Licensing Application (PDF)
- Medical Marijuana Extended Plant Count Application (PDF)
Short Term Rentals
Land Use Application Review Fees *effective January 1, 2023
Affordable Housing Impact Fees UPDATED *effective March 1, 2023
- SMC Affordable Housing Impact Fee Calculation Worksheet 3.1.23 (XLSX)
- BOCC Resolution 2023-09 Affordable Housing Impact Fees LUC Amendment (PDF)
- BOCC Resolution 2022-31 Affordable Housing Fees LUC Amendment (PDF)
- Section 5-13 - Affordable Housing July 2022 (PDF)
- Presentation CPC BOCC AFF HOU Impact Fees 011023 (PDF)
Employee Housing Impact Mitigation Fees revisedThe San Miguel Board of County Commissioners recently passed a revised schedule of the Employee Housing Impact Mitigation Fees, in response to significant public input. Read on...
San Miguel County East End Master Plan Community Survey(February 13, 2023) – San Miguel County, CO – Make your voice heard! As part of the East End Master Plan, San Miguel County Planning, along with our consultant Design Workshop, will be launching a Community Survey on Monday, February 13. Read on...
San Miguel County East End Master Plan Pop-Up Events Planned(November 30, 2022) – San Miguel County along with Design Workshop will be holding a series of pop-up events throughout the area on Wednesday, December 7 regarding the San Miguel County East End Master Plan. Read on...