The Planning Department is responsible for advising the Board of County Commissioners, the Planning Commission and the public on land use and development issues. The Planning staff oversees development applications and amendments to the county Land Use Code and county Master Plans.
- Development Permit Application fillable (PDF)
- Land Use Application Fillable (PDF)
- Temporary Use Application Fillable (PDF)
- On-site Wastewater Treatment System (Septic) Application (PDF)
- Short-Term Rental Permit Application (PDF)
- Renewal Short-Term Rental Application (PDF)
- Medical Marijuana Local Licensing Application (PDF)
- Retail Marijuana Local Licensing Application (PDF)
- Medical Marijuana Extended Plant Count Application (PDF)
Short Term Rentals
Land Use Application Review Fees *effective January 1, 2023
Affordable Housing Impact Fees UPDATED *effective July 15, 2022
- SMC Affordable Housing Impact Fee Calculation Worksheet 6.15.22
- Report Affordable Housing Fee Method FINAL 6.15.22 (PDF)
- BOCC Resolution 2022-31 Affordable Housing Fees LUC Amendment
- San Miguel County Affordable Housing Impact Mitigation Fee Update 2022 (PDF)
- Section 5-13 - Affordable Housing July 2022 (PDF)
- Presentation CPC BOCC AFF HOU Impact Fees 011023 (PDF)
(November 30, 2022) – San Miguel County along with Design Workshop will be holding a series of pop-up events throughout the area on Wednesday, December 7 regarding the San Miguel County East End Master Plan. Read on...
(November 4, 2022) – San Miguel County is embarking on the development of a new Master Plan for the eastern end of the county. Design Workshop will be assisting with the preparation of the Plan. Read on...
(July 8, 2022) – This week, the San Miguel County Board of Commissioners adopted a resolution amending the Employee Housing Impact Mitigation Fee. These fees are used to support the development of capital projects that will further county housing goals... Read on...