The Planning Department is responsible for advising the Board of County Commissioners, the Planning Commission and the public on land use and development issues. The Planning staff oversees development applications and amendments to the county Land Use Code and county Master Plans.
- Development Permit Application fillable (PDF)
- Land Use Application Fillable (PDF)
- On-site Wastewater Treatment System (Septic) Application (PDF)
- Short-Term Rental Permit Application (PDF)
- Renewal Short-Term Rental Application (PDF)
- Medical Marijuana Local Licensing Application (PDF)
- Retail Marijuana Local Licensing Application (PDF)
- Medical Marijuana Extended Plant Count Application (PDF)
Short Term Rentals
Land Use Application Review Fees *effective January 1, 2021
Affordable Housing Impact Fees UPDATED *effective July 15, 2022
- SMC Affordable Housing Impact Fee Calculation Worksheet 6.15.22
- Report Affordable Housing Fee Method FINAL 6.15.22 (PDF)
- BOCC Resolution 2022-31 Affordable Housing Fees LUC Amendment
- San Miguel County Affordable Housing Impact Mitigation Fee Update 2022 (PDF)
- Section 5-13 - Affordable Housing July 2022 (PDF)
(July 8, 2022) – This week, the San Miguel County Board of Commissioners adopted a resolution amending the Employee Housing Impact Mitigation Fee. These fees are used to support the development of capital projects that will further county housing goals... Read on...
(April 20, 2022) – San Miguel County and the Town of Telluride have begun the process of rezoning the recently announced Diamond Ridge land acquisition from Forestry, Agriculture, and Open (F) to Community Housing (CH). Read on...