NOTICE TO AN OWNER IN FORECLOSURE pursuant to C.R.S. 38-38-111(2.5)(a) If your property goes to foreclosure auction sale and is purchased for more than the total owed to the lender and all other lien holders, please contact the Public Trustee's Office after the sale because you may have funds due to you.
The following information is not meant to take the place of legal advice. If you have questions regarding the foreclosure process or your rights in foreclosure, get legal advice from a competent attorney experienced in Colorado foreclosures. The Public Trustee and her deputies can not give legal advice.
- Colorado Attorney General Information regarding Foreclosures (PDF)
- Curing a Foreclosure (PDF): Information about what to do after you've received notice your property is in foreclosure.
- Redemption of Foreclosures (PDF): Junior Lien Holders have the right to redeem after the sale.
- Bidding at Foreclosure Sales (PDF): Do your homework; all sales are final, and there are no warranties.
- Bidder Registration and Sale Rules (PDF): This form is required to participate in a foreclosure sale. You cannot register to bid until Tuesday after noon after the Public Trustee receives that week's starting bids for sales.
- Commencement and Processing Foreclosures (PDF): Requirements for commencing a foreclosure.
- Electronic Document Policy (PDF): San Miguel County Public Trustee Electronic Document Policy.