Note: Permits can take up to a week to be approved and returned to applicant.

Driveway Permit

Any proposed access to a County Road requires a Driveway Permit. The application form is also available at the Building Department, the Road and Bridge Department, and each of the County Shops. Note: A Development Permit is also required for driveways. Contact the Planning Department.

Special Construction Permit

A Special Construction Permit is required for any disturbance to a County road or right-of-way not considered normal public use including, but not limited to the following:

  • Utility excavation
  • Private maintenance of a County Road
  • Filming of commercials when road conditions are altered
  • Operation of any hauling estimated to be in excess of 3,000,000 pounds within a 12-month period