- Parks & Open Space
- Parks and Trails
Parks & Trails
Bilk Creek Climbing Wall
Please schedule group use by calling 970-369-5469 or 970-369-5472. Please pack out all trash and practice Leave No Trace principles.
Bridal Veil Climbing Area
Climbers are required to sign in and out at the register which will be located a short distance from the parking lot up County Road K69.
Down Valley Park
The Down Valley Park is located on the west side of Highway 145, just north of mile marker 82, between the Fall Creek Road and Placerville.
Galloping Goose Park
This park is nestled between the historic County Court House and the County office building on West Colorado Avenue in Telluride.
Ilium Observation Deck
The Ilium Observation Deck is located near the intersection of Ilium Road (County Road 63L) and the Sunshine Mesa Road. It was completed in 2020 using repurposed timbers from a bridge used by the Rio Grande Southern Railroad.
Please notify staff if you are planning a party or group use in the Park. Call 970-729-1829. Thank you.
The restored Placerville Schoolhouse is available for events.
The San Miguel County Parks and Open Space Department, with guidance from the Xerces Society, has planted approximately 7,500 square feet of flower-rich habitat for local butterflies and bees.
Society Turn Climbing Wall
Society Turn features 22 boulder problems and 1-2 top rope routes.
The Parks & Open Space Department also maintains several county trails.
Rutas de Senderismo
Lea las descripciones de los senderos en español.
Rules vary by facility but in general:
- Dogs must be restrained by leash or on strict voice command at all times. Please clean up after your pet.
- No motorized vehicles are permitted in parks or on the pathways and trails.
- Please plan to park in the designated parking areas and carry your food, drink and equipment into the park areas.
- Outdoor venues are subject to weather conditions and flooding. Please cancel or postpone your event if flooding rains or lightning occurs.
- All tents or structures must use weighted barrels as tie downs. No driven stakes are permitted in irrigated areas.
- Event organizers and participants are responsible for all clean up after their use. Please bring extra trash bags to pack out your event trash and avoid overfilling trash receptacles used by the public. Any clean-up time provided by the Park staff will be billed to the event organizer at a rate of $35-$50 per hour plus cost of repairs or supplies.
- Fees vary by facility.
- All park users shall comply with all posted park rules and act in a responsible manner.
- Failure to comply with park rules or acting in an inappropriate manner may result in the immediate cancellation of your event at the discretion of any county staff person.