Parks & Trails
County playground areas are limited to 10 people at any one time, in an effort to reduce the spread of coronavirus through high-touch surfaces. Trails are still open, but please take high-touch surfaces like gates into consideration and take hand sanitizer or sanitizing wipes with you. All Public Health Orders must be followed.
Please schedule group use by calling 970-369-5469 or 970-369-5472. Please pack out all trash and practice Leave No Trace principles.
Climbers are required to sign in and out at the register which will be located a short distance from the parking lot up County Road K69.
The Down Valley Park is located on the west side of Highway 145, just north of mile marker 82, between the Fall Creek Road and Placerville.
This park is nestled between the historic County Court House and the County office building onWest Colorado Avenue in Telluride.
Please notify staff if you are planning a party or group use in the Park. Call 970-729-1829. Thank you.
The restored Placerville Schoolhouse is available for events.
The San Miguel County Parks and Open Space Department, with guidance from the Xerces Society, has planted approximately 7,500 square feet of flower-rich habitat for local butterflies and bees.
Society Turn features 22 boulder problems and 1-2 top rope routes.
The Parks & Open Space Department also maintains several county trails.
Lea las descripciones de los senderos en español.
- Dogs must be restrained by leash or on strict voice command at all times. Please clean up after your pet.
- No motorized vehicles are permitted in the park or on the pathways.
- Please plan to park in the designated parking areas and carry your food, drink and equipment into the park area.
- This is an outdoor venue and is subject to weather conditions and flooding. Please cancel or postpone your event if flooding rains or lightning occurs.
- All tents or structures must use weighted barrels as tie downs. No driven stakes are permitted in irrigated areas.
- The event organizer and its participants are responsible for all clean up after their use. Please bring extra trash bags to pack out your event trash and avoid overfilling park trash used by the public. Any clean-up time provided by the Park staff will be billed to the event organizer at a rate of $35 per hour plus cost of repairs or supplies.
- This no fee reservation is non-exclusive to the public.
- All park users shall comply with all posted park rules and act in a responsible manner.
- Failure to comply with park rules or acting in an inappropriate manner may result in the immediate cancellation of your event at the discretion of any county staff person.