San Miguel Basin Fair and Rodeo
San Miguel Basin Fair
The San Miguel Basin Fair takes place every summer at the San Miguel County Fairgrounds in Norwood. The Fair Board has established volunteer committees to assist with planning for the annual event. We encourage community participation and also offer a $500 scholarship to qualifying high school seniors. Please download and complete the fillable PDF form, and return to the Fair Board. For more information, please contact Regan Snyder at Regan Snyder Email.
Please visit the San Miguel Basin Fair Board page for board members and contact info.
San Miguel Basin Rodeo
The Norwood Roping Club coordinates the annual rodeo, which usually takes place the weekend after the fair. The 2022 Rodeo will take place on July 29th and 30th. Visit the San Miguel Basin rodeo website for schedule details and to purchase tickets.
General Fair and Rodeo
The 2022 San Miguel Basin Fair is scheduled for July 16 - July 23. Rules for the 2022 Fair have been updated to improve rule clarity and to be consistent with the Colorado State Fair rules, and the changes are highlighted in the memo included below.
- 2022 Fair Rules Change Memo (PDF)
- 2022 San Miguel Basin Fair Schedule (PDF) - Please note that the circus on the 17th has been cancelled!
- 2022 San Miguel Basin Fair Book (PDF)
- 2022 Fair Sponsorship Form (JotForm)
- 2022 Junior Livestock Sale Brochure (PDF)
- 2022 Junior Livestock Add-Ons Form (JotForm)
- Catch-A-Heifer Contest Registration Form (JotForm)
Important Upcoming Dates
- The 2022 San Miguel Basin Fair kicks off the Saturday, July 16th with the dessert contest! There are events throughout the week, culminating with the Junior Livestock Sale on July 23rd and the Family Dance.
- The San Miguel Basin Rodeo takes place July 29th and 30th. Visit the rodeo website for more details.
We are incredibly proud of all of our 4-H and FFA kids for their dedication and perseverance during these challenging times. We would also like to thank all of the community-members and businesses that continually step up to support these kids, either through sponsorships or through the purchase of livestock - we can’t thank you enough!