- Public Health
- Clinical Services
- Sexual Health
Sexual health is an important part of a person's overall health and wellness across the lifespan. We respect the choices of all individuals and promote inclusive educational programs, recommend policies, and provide information and services so that all people can make informed sexual health decisions.
BC4U Telehealth and In-Person Options (eligible to 24 years and younger)
San Miguel County is partnering with BC4U to provide free educational resources, birth control solutions, and other sexual health services to people in Colorado ages 24 years and younger. Proctored telehealth visits are available at the Public Health Department with medication and treatments available onsite.
WALK-INS available starting March 14!
Walk-In Clinics: Tuesdays, 9 AM-12 PM; 1-5 PM
Public Health Department: 333 W. Colorado Ave, #315, Telluride
|STI Testing and Treatment||Birth Control (pill, shot, ring, IUD, implant)|
|Pregnancy Tests||Emergency Contraception|
|PrEP||Education & Counseling|
Telehealth Only Option:
BC4U's video visit is the same free care and privacy of BC4U without going to a clinic. It’s like FaceTime but with a provider. You can get free medical advice AND any of the prescriptions below from anywhere you can video chat. Learn more and schedule a video visit here [LINK].
**BC4U can also mail STI test kits and pregnancy tests to an address of your choice.
What do I need before starting a video visit?
- A phone, tablet, or computer with a video camera
- An internet connection
- San Miguel County Public Health has a private room and iPad you can use if you need a safe and confidential space.
When can I start a telehealth visit?
It’s like a walk-in at a clinic, without having to walk in! You can have a video visit with a provider on-demand during these times:
|Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday||Tuesdays|
Start a video visit with BC4U now!
Are you 25 years or older and looking for sexual health services?
Several local and regional organizations have affordable and confidential family planning services. Below are a list of a few places in the area:
- Uncompahgre Medical Center, Norwood: Provides women and men's health services on a sliding fee scale. Call (970) 327-4233 for availability and more information.
- Telluride Regional Medical Center, Telluride: Has a contraceptive access fund for those uninsured. Call (970) 728-3848 to schedule an appointment and to learn more.
- River Valley Family Health Centers, Montrose: Provides family planning services on a sliding fee scale. Will serve all patients, regardless of ability to pay. Call 970-497-3333 for more information.
- Delta County Public Health, Delta, Provides family planning services on a sliding fee scale. Will serve all patients, regardless of ability to pay. To make an appointment or talk with one of the nurses, call the Health Department at (970) 874-2165.
Free At-Home Testing for Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)
Did you know that almost STIs are treatable? The key is to get tested and know your status. Click here to learn more about free in-home testing for STIs.