San Miguel County Public Health contracts with the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) to upgrade our ability to effectively respond to a range of public health threats. Our preparedness and response capabilities are achieved by planning, training, and exercises.
- Water – one gallon per person, per day for at least seven days.
- Food – nonperishable. Don’t forget to pack a manual can opener.
- Flashlights, extra batteries, cell phones with chargers and a battery powered radio.
- First aid kit, a seven-day medicine supply including prescription drugs, emergency blanket and toiletries.
- Copies of important documents such as insurance cards and immunization records and emergency contact information.
- Multipurpose tool, extra cash, map(s) of the area and extra sets of keys.
- Remember to include supplies for babies, pets, older individuals and those with special needs.
Before and during a disaster, check all types of media for more information including news outlets, social media and website resources.
- Click here for the San Miguel County Sheriff's Office Public Information and News page.
San Miguel County Alert & Warning
San Miguel County (SMC) Alert and Warning is used to communicate critical public information including road closures, evacuation orders, wildfire information, and more. Officials encourage members of the community to sign up for the new system and add your home and/or local work addresses as soon as possible.
Please sign up for SMC alerts using any of the following methods:
- Click here to register for SMC alerts [LINK]
- Text SMCALERT to 65513