Mark your calendars!
- Telluride: May 17th and 18th from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the Carhenge Parking Lot - appliances, scrap metal, tires, vehicle batteries, household electronics, and other household and garden refuse.
- Telluride: May 18th from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at Carhenge Parking Lot - hazardous household waste (e-waste will be collected until 4:00 p.m.). The SMC Coroner will also host a drug take-back receptacle on site, for disposing of any kind of human or pet medication.
Disposal fees for both locations are as follows:
- Televisions: 17” or Smaller $10.00, 18” to 26” $20.00, 27” to 31” $25.00, 32” or Larger $35.00
- Oversized TV’s/ Projection/ Console $50.00 *Broken or Bare CRT tube TV’s add $10.00
- LCD Monitors any Size $10.00
- CRT Monitors any Size $15.00
- Laptops, Microwaves $10.00
- Small Desktop Printers, Fax & Scanner $5.00, Large/Laser Printers $15.00, Floor Standing Copier or Printer $50.00
- Hard Drive Destruction $10.00 Per Hard Drive
- Small Electronics $5.00 (portable devices, VCR/DVD, etc.)
- Large Electronics $10.00 (larger than a desktop printer)
Commercially generated hazardous waste must be pre-invoiced by contacting:
- Brian Kindsvatter CHMM
- District Sales Manager
- Clean Harbors Environmental Services
- 4721 N Ironton Street Ste. B
- Denver, CO 80239-2407
- Mobile: 303.947.1652
- Fax: 303.371.1516
- Email: email@example.com
The household hazardous waste fee schedule is as follows:
- NO FEE for these paint products: MUST HAVE LABELS
- Latex/acrylic/oil paint, textured paint, sealers, undercoating, stain, shellac, lacquer, varnish, Floor/deck/concrete coatings
- Misc paint materials $5/lb Spray paint, quart or tube $2ea 1 Gallon $5 2-gal $10 5-gal $25 Landfill/dried paint $1 ea
- Unlabeled paint & stain, spray paint, art & craft paint, caulk, adhesives, drywall compounds, spackle, wood putty, tints, colorants, epoxy/auto/marine/industrial paint, Two-part coatings, paint additives, roof patch, tar/asphalt, landscape paint
- Liquid/Dry chemicals $3/lb $5 per gallon
- Strong acid, base, bleach and cleaners, fire suppressant, photo chemicals
- Automotive fluids/solvents $2/lb $1 per quart $4 per gallon
- Antifreeze, glycol, motor oil, gasoline, mineral spirits, paint thinner
- Fertilizer $1/lb $3 per container
- Pesticides/poison: SEALED CONTAINERS ONLY $5/lb $5 spray can $10 box/bucket
- Household Batteries $2/lb Lithium batteries $10 per pound Lead acid and power tool batteries go to electronics or spring cleaning
- Only 1.5 volt AA, AAA C & D may be bulk packed, all others must be insulated.
- Mercury $25ea Fluorescent$5/lb CFLs and 4’ fluorescent $2 ea 8’ fluorescent $3 ea
- Thermostat, ballast, thermometer, mercury switch $12 ea
- Light Bulbs/halogen, incandescent: $2/lb
- Mixed hazardous materials, leaking containers, containers within containers; paint buckets with tools or rags inside; radioactive materials, smoke detectors, explosives or shock sensitive materials, ammunition, gas cylinders, fire extinguishers.
- Car batteries and tires go to the Spring Clean-Up Carhenge site for recycling.
- Medical waste including used needles and DEA regulated medicines are not accepted by the disposal contractor. SMC Coroner is hosting a drug take-back receptacle on site, for disposing of any kind of medication, human or pet.